Well it’s Hump Day! We are still talking about The Matters of Money. Today I want to share with you 5 practical tips that can save you loads of money in the long run.
- Combine your cable, internet and telephone service. Contact your local cable company and request to bundle all of the services that they offer into one package. At times that may mean you have to get into some kind of contract with them, but that also means that your monthly bill will be cut considerably.
- Buy refurbished electronics. It has been said that purchasing refurbished electronics is better because all of the kinks have been worked out and it’s more probable to last longer and operate better. To add to that, it’s much cheaper! You can save hundreds of dollars per item by purchasing refurbished.
- Take your lunch to work one more day a week than you do now. A lot of people spend up to $10.00 a day on buying breakfast and lunch. Commit to preparing your meals at home and carrying them to work, it can save you a lot of money in a short period of time.
- Keep tires properly inflated. This saves on gas mileage!
- Buy generic over-the-counter medicines. Many people are skeptical of this, but the reality is-it is the same medicine, just cheaper.