Hello guys, thanks for taking this journey with me this week as we have been focusing on our healthiness. Today I want to continue the conversation by discussing the importance of sleep/
Sleep should be considered just as important as eating right and getting enough exercise. Adults should aim for 7-8 hours of sleep, while teens need up to 9 hours a night. But getting good sleep goes beyond being in bed for a set number of hours. The quality and timing of sleep are two other important factors for getting proper rest each night. People who work the night shift may experience problems getting quality sleep.
Here are five tips everyone can use to help improve the quality of their sleep:
- Keep your bedroom cool and dark
- Put away/turn off all electronic devices while preparing for bedtime
- Stick to a regular bedtime and wake time every day, even on weekends
- Stop drinking caffeine by the early afternoon and avoid large late-night meals
- Skip the late-afternoon nap, as it can make it harder to sleep at bedtime
If we are going to take care of our body comprehensively we must allow our bodies to get the proper amount of rest.