Everybody is invested or investing in something, but few people are investing into themselves!
Self-Investment is the most profitable investment you ever make. It yields not only future returns, but often a current pay-off as well. The surest way to achieve a better quality life, to be successful, productive, and satisfied is to place a priority on investing in both personal and professional growth. The effort you put into consistently investing in yourself plays a large role in determining the quality of your life now and in the future.
Below are three way you can invest in yourself.
Develop your skills. Improving your skills doesn’t always mean investing in higher education. You can download eBooks of pertinent topics to your career, subscribe to current blogs, and take continued education classes.
Explore your creative side. There is a fountain of creativity within most of us that has never been tapped or certainly hasn’t been used to its highest potential. It’s time to tap into that Creativity! You’ve been inside of the box too long and the world is waiting to see what you will create when you decided to create outside of the lines. Below are some ideas that can help jump start your creativity.
- Learn a new language
- write something – a book, short stories, poetry, anything
- Explore the outside world
- Enjoy music
- Create something tangible – paint, sculpt, make pottery, make jewelry or design your own clothes.
Nurture your mind and body. Nurturing both your mind and body allows you to have more to give now and in the future, more energy, more knowledge, more ideas, greater strength, physical and mental endurance.
Expand your mind. Learning new things and keeping your mind active even in simple ways helps to grow and maintain your mental ability.
- Read – anything and everything
- Explore culture – attend performances, listen to different style of music, travel, or join an organization or group comprised of people from different backgrounds.
- Open your mind – engage in conversations with those who disagree with you. Look at an argument and try to make a case for the opposing point of view.
- Keep your mind active
Investing in yourself truly makes a difference in your life, your well-being, and your ability to thrive and perform to the best of your ability. The extent to which you invest in yourself, mind and body, not only shapes the way you interact with the outside world, it often reflects the opinion you have of yourself. Your future is in large part determined by your willingness and ability to invest in yourself now.